Tag Archives: ryanreynolds

‘The Proposal’ and ‘Up’ Review

Movie Title : The Proposal

Released Date : June 2009

Starring : Sandra Bullock & Ryan Reynolds

Genre/Channel : Romantic Comedy

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for sexual content, nudity and language 
Details on Yahoo! Summer Movie Guide and Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Synopsis/Summary of the story :

Book editor Maggie (Sandra Bullock) is everyone’s worst nightmare: ruthless, selfish, driven, and tactless. But when a problem with her Visa could potentially send her back to Canada and destroy her all-important career, she comes up with a solution on the spur of the moment: marry her much younger (but all-American) assistant (Ryan Reynolds). Unfortunately, the government is understandably suspicious, and so the two faux lovers must embark on a humiliating charade in order to make the marriage seem legitimate.

My Review :

I saw the trailer when I’m out to watch the other movie. At that time I thought, ‘O well, I’ll try to give a watch later’ but then this movie was far more beyond my expectation! I rarely choose romantic comedy movies these days because I think when they labelled so, it’s always more romantic than comedy. But this one is different. Everything balanced, and mix well together. There’s one more element that’s unwritten in the tagline : Family. You might be laughing out loud for the heart-tickling scenes, but your tears might fall out of notice for some heart-touching moments. I’d give it 70% comedy & the other 30% is all romantic & family. The movie is all realistic and touched the common & happening issue : residency & citizenship in United States. In this movie, Maggie’s visa was all the matter which brought the story to exists. In order to let herself staying in U.S much longer she has to marry Andrew. It won’t be a problem if the two really in a relationship, but what if they’re not? It already sounds unfair & cheating but it’s happening. And it’s not only for those who want U.S citizenship – Japanese citizenship too 😛 Maybe I should take Maggie as the role model if I want to stay in Japan for much longer time than I was allowed to, or if I’m about to be Japanese?!

Movie Title : Up

Release Date : May 2009

Voice Starring : Edward Asner & Jordan Nagai

Genre/Channel : Animation/Comedy Adventure/Kids,Family

MPAA Rating : PG for some peril & action

Details on Yahoo! Movies & Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Synopsis/Summary of the story :

Carl Fredricksen (Edward Asner) spent his entire life dreaming of exploring the globe and experiencing life to its fullest. But at age 78, life seems to have passed him by, until a twist of fate and a persistent 8-year old Junior Wilderness Explorer named Russell (Jordan Nagai) gives him a new lease on life.

My Review :

The poster of the movie was the first caught my eye. I was like ‘What a cute boy! (Russel)’. Surely they have built the character beautifully made for view and that’s not the only of it. I was wondering this when I browsing the casts ; Russel was played by Jordan Nagai (voice). When I see ‘Nagai’ I thought he’s Japanese and I never knew it’s for real (half Japanese, actually). Take a look at photo below guys. I do not own a copyright for it and the using it here is nothing more than just sharing.








 The character, the storyline, the animation & graphics, everything is perfect to me. All in one – happy, sad, action, adventure, love. A must, not to only kids, but everyone!


Tagged , , , , , , , ,